Vacature Precision Mechanics Engineer (tooling and equipment)
The Micro Electro Mechanical Systems (MEMS) Production Printing print head is the first introduction of MEMS print head technology in single pass printing. The design, engineering and industrialization of the assembly of the print head is partly outsourced and partly done in-house at Océ Development of a high resolution interconnection technology is needed for these MEMS-print heads, as well a high precision positioning of sub-assemblies on a carrier.
Main goal is to support development of technically high complex precision positioning and fixation processes for manufacturing process of the MEMS-based print heads, which will be used in different client projects. The requirements are still under development, and have to be balanced between different functions. An optimal balance has to be chosen between functional demands and possibilities on the market regarding these processes. The hired precision engineer will support the functional responsible in this selection process.
Main tasks will be selection and acquisition of equipment for processes such as dispensing, precision positioning, fixation and bonding.
This will be done in strong interaction with the process engineers, because the process requirements and the equipment specifications will have to be balanced in order to aim for a commercially available equipment solution. Furthermore the precision engineer will support the functional responsible (team lead) in the contacts with the potential equipment suppliers for the critical processes. Other tasks are the development and support of testing application and lifetime & reliability tests. Specific tooling for the processes, and for contamination free transport and handling of products between the processes.
The main difference between the two job openings are specified as follows:
- Position one will mainly target on realizing specific tooling for contamination-free product handling of the subassemblies and for setups that will be used for reliability testing. Furthermore realizing a high resolution electrical interconnection between the MEMS-chip and the flex
- Position two will concentrate on positioning and bonding of a sub assembly (consisting of a MEMS-chip and a flex) onto a carrier
Candidate will work in assembly teams of 3-6 people. These teams are part of the multidisciplinary MEMS print head team (about 25 people). Together with these teams most important stakeholders are external parties.
- Candidate has a BSc in Mechanics (affinity with manufacturing processes/building technology is required!)
- Used to work with suppliers in the Fine Mechanical Industry
- 3-5 year of work experience within for example optical, semi-conductor or fine mechanical industry
- Knowledge of and experience with co-create and NX or other comparable software
- To be successful the candidate is hands on, has good communicational skills and is pro-active!
- Candidate has profound knowledge - verbal and written - of English, Dutch is a pre.
- Candidate is permissioned to work in the Netherlands, and able to provide, if requested, a certificate of conduct
Our client is a high-tech company which has a specialism in making industrial printers.