Vacature Materials Design Engineer
bij ASML Netherlands B.V. in Veldhoven
- ASML Netherlands B.V.
- Universitair, Geen ervaring vereist
- Geen ervaring vereist
- Salaris in overleg
ASML is constantly pushing the limits of technology into areas where nobody has gone before. Within ASML the sector Development & Engineering (D&E) is responsible for the specification and the design of the ASML products. The cluster Mechanical Architecture and Industrialization (MA&I) is designing, building and analysing mechanical systems and sub-systems which are fitted into the end products. The Engineering Materials Application group is responsible for the selection and qualification of materials for applications throughout the ASML machines to secure their performance.
As part of the Engineering Materials Application group you will actively help the projects with their challenges in the field of material technology and take lead in expanding ASML's material technology competence as a whole.
- Leading investigations and identifying solutions for projects in the field of material science and technology including testing, calculations and data analysis
- Leading and expanding ASML's engineering materials application competency. Early identification of future needs, define and drive the development plan
- Cooperate with design engineers on material selection for current and future needs
- Collaborate with universities/knowledge institutes and other high-tech companies
MS or PhD degree with specialization in material technology (material science, applied physics, physical chemistry, surface chemistry) or a background in mechanical engineering with strong affinity and experience in material technology. We are looking for a junior and an experienced candidate:
- Junior: at least a PhD degree or Master degree with relevant internships
- Experienced: Master or PhD degree and as from 3-5 years of work experience
- Relevant working experience in the field of material technology
- Knowledge in the following fields is highly preferred
- Coating and thin film applications
- Surface chemistry
- Experience in leading small investigation projects for industry
- Failure modes and analysis
Strong analytical ability, pro-active attitude, strong sense of ownership, solution driven, good communication and networking skills, good knowledge of English.
ASML is a successful Dutch high-tech enterprise that produces complex lithography systems used by chip manufacturers in the production of integrated circuits. ASML is at the cutting edge of this technology and delivers systems to all the world's leading chip manufacturers. ASML's employees are among the most creative talents in the fields of physics, mathematics, chemistry, mechanical engineering and software. Every day they collaborate in close-knit multidisciplinary teams in which members listen to and learn from one another and exchange ideas. It is the ideal environment for professional development and personal growth.
ASML is headquartered in Veldhoven, the Netherlands.